9.01.2016

A Peek into Our Living Room



As you can tell from my last post, it is really amazing what a coat of paint can do! When we first moved in we used this room as our dining room. I loved it, but since we rarely used a formal dining room, it felt like such a waste of space. We did a big ole swap which was so much work, but now it feels so worth it. This room gets so much light and is definitely our favorite and most space in the whole house! 

I also love this room because it is the home of my beloved Ikea Karlstad.... my dream sofa. I wanted one forever and snagged this one just before they were discontinued (which is a whole other tearful rant). I wanted a white cover, but they only had grey in stock. It had to grow on be, but now I am really happy with it. As much use as it gets, I'm not sure how the white would have held up. I have washed the covers once and they came out as good as new. Gosh, I could go on forever about this sofa. 

Sofa / Ikea Karlstad  (discontinued but this one is similar), Curtains / Target, Rug / NuLoom, Hanging Planter / Hobby Lobby, Media Console / DIY project by my mister