1.25.2017

A Little Peek Into Our Nursery Progress

I have been waiting patiently to start getting this sweet little room together. I knew, regardless of gender, I wanted to keep this space simple and modern. I shared a little bit of my nursery plans a few weeks ago, but now things are starting to feel real. This room was functioning as a guest space, so we cleared it our over the weekend and gave it a good scrub. I have found myself sitting in here daydreaming about exactly how we plan to arrange it and what pieces we will use. 
These windows in this space are my favorite. I love all they sunshine in the room and it definitely makes it feel bright and happy the whole day. I am deciding between leaving up the existing curtains or going with something more airy. This fiddle leaf fig is staying... partially because it is the only place in our home that it will survive, and I just like the life that it brings in here. I do want a different planter for it. Something modern and fun that will bring in some color. This chair is one of my favorite vintage pieces. I will either dye the existing cover or make a new one. I will also use this piece as a way to bring in some color. I am currently thinking a peachy coral, but we shall see. 
Somewhere on this side of the room, we will have the crib and the dresser. The dresser will function as a changing table but will be able to grow with her. I am just having trouble finding the exact piece I want. I am hoping a great vintage one is out there waiting on me. Above the dresser, I plan to make some kind of wall hanging or macrame art. We will also bring in some lamps, plants, and accessories to make this a mid century modern meets bohemian dreamspace... well that is the plan anyway. I can't believe we will have a little girl in here in less than four months! The progress on this space is making it seem more and more real every day!